- Learn about watersheds,
from this website and other resources.
- Follow local and national
legislation that affects watersheds in YOUR community. Write
to or call your local Senators and Representatives.
ACOLT and ACWA.
- Write letters to the
editor of your local newspaper supporting watershed conservation and efforts
to improve water quality.
- Control erosion on
- Ensure adequate buffers
to aquatic areas during building and development.
- Advocate land use/watershed
planning in your community.
- Limit non-stormwater
- Encourage better site design.
- Encourage Stormwater Best Management
Practices in your community.
- Participate in the development
of watershed protection programs.